Points to check for new fencing
What should I look for when choosing a fence contractor?
- It is always a good idea to check that they have a Fencing Contractor’s Licence. You can also look up the Building Services Authority Website to check whether there are any unresolved disputes or complaints at www.licence.nsw.gov.au/LicenceCheck/
- Check their references and look at work they have done in your neighbourhood.
- Do they offer the design and materials to meet your expectations?
- Do they stand behind their work with a warranty and have they been in business long enough to make it of value?
- Do they offer value in their products?
- Do the installers have licences, or will there be a qualified person on site at all times ?
Farr fencing has built a strong reputation for quality work and satisfaction on the Northern beaches for our customers with well-trained crews and select materials. We back our work with a 12 month warranty.
Which type of material should I use on my fence?
Factors to consider are:
- What look do I want?
- Which product is best for the size of our block?
- What is our budget?
- How important is durability?
Does it matter which way the palings face?
Its a matter of personal choice which way you have the palings on a fence between neighbours – especially if it faces your patio. The palings are usually facing out on any sections that face a street or an easement. Some styles look the same on both sides. But in the end, the answer to the question “Who do I want climbing up my fence?” may be “No one but me” – palings on the outside!
Useful Fencing links